Feeling hot hot hot !! Is pretty much what sums up this summer. Although summer is nice, the scorching sun, the sweat, dehydration, irritation sometimes becomes too much to handle. Below are a few Tips and Tricks on how you can handle them.
1) Keep sipping water from time to time. I know this is a no brainer, but it is such a simple thing and we forget to follow it. Drinking normal temperature water or warm water is better than cold water. Although you might feel better after drinking cold water, it is just temporary. You will feel thirsty very soon. If you are like me who always forgets to drink water, you can set up reminders. There are specific apps that remind you to drink water. My Favourite one is Plant Nanny for IOS and Water Drink Reminder for Android users.
2) Cotton is your best friend this season. Try to wear more of whites and light coloured clothes. You can go for cotton dresses, pants or even cotton sarees. Men can go for crisp cotton shirt and cotton shorts. Go for loose fitted dresses and tops that allows you to breathe. Invest in a good pair of sunglasses to protect your eyes from radiation and also use a hat or a cap every time you step out of the house. Cut down on accessories like huge necklaces. This can irritate your skin on the neck due to heat.
3) Invest in a good sunscreen lotion and also use it. I recommend sunscreen from Lotus or Neutrogena as they really come in handy. Apply it 15 minutes before you step out of the house and you need to reapply it once in 3 hours. Sunscreen can sometimes melt on your face due to humidity and make you look like a white ghost. To avoid this, go for a matte sunscreen lotion. You can also use baby powder on your body and underarms to control sweating and prevent the sunscreen from melting off.
4) Load up on fruits. Include fruits in your meals . If you do not like eating fruits, you can cut them, put them into a blender and make yourself a smoothie. This will fill you up plus helps you remain cool. Watermelon, Oranges, Mangoes, Kiwi, Pineapple these are very good for summer.
5) If you feel dehydrated even after drinking water, then drink tender coconut water. This is one the best natural energy drink. You can also drink detox water. Just add lemon, mint leaves and cucumber to one glass of water. Wait for 15 minutes and then drink it.
6) Cut down on caffeinated drinks. I know it is easier said than done :). If you are a addict like me, then having coffee or tea 3 to 4 times a day is normal. So you can try reducing it to 2 times and instead substitute with green tea or lemon tea. Also reduce the quantity to half so that you do not miss having it. Avoid soft drinks as it makes your body feel tired and makes you feel more thirsty.
7) Do not have shower too many times to feel fresh. Have shower maximum 2 times, specifically after workout. Change into fresh washed clothes. For your hair, invest in a good dry shampoo. That way you do not have to wash your hair every single day and use dry shampoo every alternate day to leave your hair feeling fresh and smell good.Lastly you can wrap some ice cubes in a towel and place them on your body and face for a cooling effect 🙂
Hope some of these tips come useful to you. Have a great Summer 🙂
Until Next Time,